《Anyone can enjoy it on the spot immediately》
The metal slit drum “propanota” is a coined word that I named. It comes from the fact that propane gas cylinders were used as the material at the beginning of production.
It is a completely new musical instrument that has begun to be produced all over the world in the last 15 years or so.
In other words, it is not something that “has been used for a long time in some country” like a normal musical instrument.
Therefore, there was no fixed name.
Each manufacturer has its own name.
In the classification as an instrument, it is called “slit drum”, “tongue drum”, “tong drum”, etc.
It has a disc-shaped striking surface made of metal with a notch (slit), and if you tap the slit with a drumstick or by hand, it will give off a wonderfully beautiful sound.
It is possible to add a scale depending on the length of the notch, and you can also play a melody like a xylophone or a metallophone.
The gentle and beautiful tone allows not only the performer but also those who are listening to it to relax without being uncomfortable.
《 Three features of Propanota 》
◎Features as musical instrument specs
- Many notes (with octave)
- Can have a built-in pickup microphone
- Lineup from bass to treble
- It looks cute and doesn’t feel like an instrument
◎Features in performance
- No need for knowledge of sheet music or hard practice to make sounds
- It is possible to change the tone such as swimming cap mute
- The three elements of music, “melody,” “rhythm,” and “harmony,” can be expressed in one.
◎Intention of the creator
- Emphasis on ensemble with other instruments rather than playing alone
- Attitude to meet the needs of users as much as possible
- Aim to be unique